After a wearisome winter, a hot summer gets a warm welcome!
We can’t wait to throw open our doors and run out into the sunshine. In our excitement, it’s easy to forget basic safety tips, which are important to consider before heading out on vacation. Read on to learn how you can make your summer safer.
Protecting yourself and your vehicle on a road trip:
- Check fluid levels in your vehicle before you leave.
- Check the air pressure of your tires, for better gas mileage.
- Make sure all vehicle lights are working properly.
- Carry a stocked emergency kit.
- Avoid distracted driving (i.e. texting, eating, etc.)
Protecting your home while away:
- Never broadcast family trips on social media; it advertises an empty home.
- Set your house alarm.
- Have a neighbour or friend cut your lawn and keep up the appearance of your house, if on a long vacation.
- Set lights on a timer.
- Stop delivery of your newspapers.
- Have someone check on your home while you are away.