Corporate Farming Insurance

modern farming industry and field

Get Quote

Canadian farm insurance with Corporate Farming in mind.

Our policies are tailored to meet the unique needs of your operations and provide coverage for barns, shops, sheds, bins, tools, livestock and more.

Click on one of the below topics to unpack your farm insurance:

Farmer's Liability

The comprehensive farmer’s liability covers owned, rented, or leased land and property for personal and farming activities. It covers bodily injury and property damage from individual actions, farming operations, and volunteer liability.

Basic liability starts at $1 million and can go as high as $10 million. It is also the cheapest and most worthwhile coverage on your policy to purchase.

Buildings & Contents

The insurance provider offers coverage for direct physical loss or damage to insured property that results from an insured peril. This coverage applies to farm buildings or structures, along with permanently attached fixtures and equipment that form a part of and pertain to the use of the building or structure on the farm premises.

Contents within the farm buildings or structures on the farm premises are also covered. However, limits may apply and should be reviewed with your advisor.

Machinery Coverage

You can add machinery coverage one of two ways:

a) Scheduled equipment, including mobile machinery, implements, or irrigation equipment, along with their attachments specifically described and listed on your Cover Page.

b) Blanket equipment, which includes (i) mobile machinery and implements, along with their attachments, and (ii) tools, which are independent devices, apparatuses, or instruments used for repair, construction, or maintenance.

Livestock Coverage

This coverage applies to various classes of animals, including cattle, bison, swine, horses, sheep, goats, poultry, and other livestock as specified on your Cover Page. You must own the insured property for which you are legally responsible. Additionally, other animals not commonly referred to as domestic livestock but being raised on your farm premises for farming or pleasure purposes are also covered. Still, they must be specified on your Cover Page.


Crop Input Coverage

Whether it’s your grains, oil seeds, pulse crops or feed and fodder, these commodities are essential to your farm’s income. Commodity coverage can help protect you from an unexpected financial loss due to an insured peril.

Input coverage is for fertilizer, chemicals, and seeds essential to your crops’ success and operation. In a claim like a fire, replacing these inputs could be pricey. With Input Coverage in place, your policy would respond so you won’t have to pay out of pocket.

Succession Planning

Speak to a member of our Life & Benefits team about Succession Planning. A life insurance policy allows you to make fair allocations and ensure your succession plans are accurately realized. Taking the right steps now can make all the difference to the future success of your family and farm. Let our advisors help guide you to ensure your peace of mind.

Product Page

Protect your farm from hail disasters.

Hailstorms can strike any time, putting your farm and its assets at risk. Don’t leave it to chance – get the proper insurance coverage to protect what matters most. With a policy tailored to your unique farm and operations, you can rest easy knowing that Harvard Western Insurance has covered you. Learn more about Hail Insurance today!

Product Page

hail insurance

Protect your farm and equipment with loss of use coverage.

Loss of use coverage can reimburse you for any expenses incurred while renting a piece of replacement machinery or equipment, excluding irrigation equipment. This applies to any insured machine that has become inoperable due to loss or damage caused by an insured peril. If two or more items become inoperable in the same occurrence, each item of machinery insured is covered separately.

Get Quote

loss of use farm equipment

Farm fires and voluntary fire fighting coverage.

Depending on your location, multiple voluntary firefighting departments may respond if a fire occurs on your land. Each department’s rates may differ, and you could see anywhere from $900 to $1200 charged as an hourly fee. It’s always important to contact your local RM or Municipal Office to find out if your taxes cover these charges or if you need to add voluntary firefighting to your policy.

Get Quote

voluntary firefighting coverage

Quick Links arrow pointing right